Howell County CARES Small Business Relief
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security ACT (CARES Act) passed on March 27, 2020, and signed by President Trump, established the Coronavirus Relief Fund and appropriated $150 billion to the Coronavirus Relief Fund. Each of Missouri’s counties received an allocation based on population. The Howell County Commission has established a grant program using CARES Act funds for small businesses in Howell County to help navigate the impacts of COVID-19. OzSBI will serve as the grant program administrator and is accepting applications now.
Before completing the application, please review the list of eligible expenses contained within the application FAQ’s to make certain that your request is allowable under the Act. Please remember that all requests for reimbursement must be necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19). The expenditure that you are requesting reimbursement for will be used to cover costs that were unbudgeted as of March 27, 2020. The purchase must be due to COVID-19. Only expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and Dec. 30, 2020, will be eligible for reimbursement.
To apply for funding through the Howell County CARES Small Business Relief Program, please follow these directions:
- Complete the Howell County CARES Small Business Relief application (linked on this page) and the reimbursement Expenditure Detail Tracking Spreadsheet (also linked to this page) to summarize all of your entity’s reimbursable costs. Completed spreadsheets must be submitted with your request.
- Submit a copy of all invoices and supporting documentation for each item requested for reimbursement (including all receipts and proof of payment).
- Provide payroll documentation for any labor reimbursement requests. Please include documentation on the time that was specific to COVID-19 (hours and work performed.)
- Complete the online SBA Form 641 linked on this page (Note: only complete this registration form if you are not already a Missouri SBDC client)
- Complete the W-9 form.
- Please know that these funds cannot be used as a revenue replacement for lower than expected tax or other revenue collections.
- Because these funds may be subject to the Single Audit Act, required documentation may be more stringent than found in some grant programs.
Submit completed request and required documentation in-person or by mail to The Ozarks Small Business Incubator (OzSBI). Applications must be completed, submitted, and received by OzSBI by December 11, 2020 to be considered.
Applications may be dropped-off at the incubator 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Mailed applications may be sent to:
Ozarks Small Business Incubator (OzSBI)
408 Washington Ave.
West Plains, MO 65775
Points of contact to email or call:
Autumn Shirley, Grant Administrator
The Ozarks Small Business Incubator is partnering with the Missouri Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to provide support and assistance to businesses applying for this grant. The SBDC can assist you with completing your application. If you need assistance, you can schedule a time to visit with a SBDC counselor by clicking here.